In another installment of “Wow, how crazy is December???” I just realized that I have a six-month Netflix subscription to give away to a reader! Woo hoo! More on how to enter after I give you a list of ten of my favorite things about Netflix! In no particular order, here we go:
1. The ability for each family member to have their own Netflix profile means that I don’t have to scroll through Jim’s history and science shows (and sci-fi and action flicks) to find my beloved 80’s favorites and RomComs. (No offense, Jim! Also, you’re cute. I love you.)
2. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Grace & Frankie, and Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp—three of my favorite binge-worthy Netflix-exclusive shows in 2015! (The first two have a second season coming up next year!)
3. You and I can connect to Netflix with lots of different devices. We don’t have to be “stuck” on the living room couch to watch all the time; Netflix can go with us! (Not that there’s anything wrong with watching from the living room couch. I rather enjoy it.)
4. Fixer Upper: I’m newly obsessed with Chip and Joanna Gaines and the magic they’re performing on homes in the Waco, Texas area. Watch one episode and you’ll be hooked, too!
5. Netflix gift cards are now available in retail stores all over the United States, making them an easy gift to pick up for Christmas, birthdays, or any day!
6. The Great British Baking Show is another new obsession of mine. Mary Berry and Company judging contestants’ baked creations equals magic.
8. Netflix keeps track of my viewing history. All I have to do to see it is check My Account. There I can also easily rate the titles I’ve experienced, to help Netflix make better viewing suggestions for me.
9. Stand up comedy specials from Tig Notaro, Aziz Ansari, Iliza Schlesinger, Nick Offerman, Russell Brand, Kevin Hart, Louis CK, Jim Gaffigan, and so many more have kept us in stitches.
10. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: Simply put, I could watch this John Hughes masterpiece daily for the rest of my life without getting tired of it.
Now that you know ten of MY favorite things about Netflix, I’d love to know ONE of your favorite things about Netflix! Leave it in a comment and you’ll be entered to win a gift card for six free months of Netflix! (If you don’t have Netflix yet, no problem! Leave me a comment with your favorite movie or tv show!) Only one comment per person, please, and this is a quickie: you have until 6pm Central on Thursday, December 17 to enter! I’ll pick the winner randomly and will contact him or her by email on Thursday evening! Good luck, and happy watching!
EDITED TO ADD: Congratulations, Alison Groen! You won the gift card! Wahoo! (Check your inbox!)