BlogHer ’11 was my third, and there was something magical about it for me (shut up).
Okay, the first two times I attended BlogHer were pretty darn good too, but I had the most fun this year, perhaps partly because I didn’t overdo like I did last year. I don’t even know where to start with my recap so I just decided to spew randomness sprinkled with pictures. That’s organized enough, isn’t it?
Favorite moments: (so many, and in no particular order!)
1. Lots of quality time with my favorite “really, really, really wish we were neighbors” Jersey girl, Liz. I luv huh.
2. Giggling with my roommates, especially each night when Momo came in really late and we had our bedtime gigglefest. It’s really nice to fall asleep smiling in the presence of good friends.
4. Working out with NBC’s “The Biggest Loser’s” Bob Harper. It was truly the biggest thrill in my fitness life, ever. I will also write a separate post about Bob. Lucky you.
5. Listening to the keynote featuring PepsiCo’s CEO, Indra Nooyi. She’s an amazing woman.
6. Attending Sparklecorn, featuring DJ Skribble, and never leaving the dance floor. That’s 3 1/2 hours of shaking what my momma gave me, folks.
7. The third annual Party in Room L. It was epic. The Party in Room L always takes place in the LOBBY after CheeseburgHer, and there are bubbles, clown noses, and this year, glow bracelets. It was pretty spectacular this year because the crowd was bigger than ever and was made up of my favorite people, including lots of my friends from the now-defunct Cre8Buzz. If you’re going to Blogher ’12 in NYC, look for me in Room L around midnight, and join our little party (4th annual)!
8. Meeting several people I’ve wanted to get close to for a while now, Deb Rox (one of the best writers I’ve ever read. Love her!) and Lisa (BEYOND funny, sassy, and smart too! Love her!) being two of them. Meeting these ladies and spending time with them was spectacular.
9. Spending time with ladies from a private group we all belong to on Facebook. I had not met a few of them in person before, but we all fell right into the kind of “I’ve known you forever” kind of IRL experience.
10. Voices of the Year: If you attend BlogHer and don’t go to the VOTY, you are MISSING OUT on a wonderfully touching, funny, bittersweet, thoughtful, exhausting experience. My Momo was chosen as a Voice this year and I was so, so proud of her (I even started crying late that night when I told her about my *FAVORITE* part of her reading: dork). All of the ladies who read were quite amazing, and our table was definitely going through the provided tissues like they were going out of style.
11. CheeseburgHer. Bag hats. Drinks. McDonald’s. Drinks. Friends. Great intro to the Party in Room L. That’s all I can say about that.
12. Harassing Busy Dad because he didn’t wave back at me when we passed each other in the lobby. He is so harassable.
13. Making up words (like harassable) and phrases to fit my needs. Another example? Pissoffable. Also? Telling Momo that once my mom told Jim, “Don’t be down on yourself, that’s stupid,” which was epic in itself, but then Momo thought I said, “Don’t be downin’ yourself”, and that became the catchphrase of the weekend. Guess you had to be there.
Other fantastic pictures:
Attending BlogHer is a little bit like going to NeverNever Land. Attending a conference at which almost all of my best friends are in the same room/area/whatever is…well, there’s nothing like it. And the laughter? Non-stop.
How many days until BlogHer ’12 in New York? Anyone?
(EDITED: Whoops! Forgot to give photo credit on that last picture. Sue @ascapecodturns was behind the camera on that one. Thanks Sue! xoxo)