I am in the middle of manuscript-editing craziness, hence the lack of regular posting. My brain is on fire ninety-nine percent of the time, my house is a mess, and even with my mad skillz in multi-tasking I don’t feel like I’m getting anything done at all. Well, except for the editing part, which is THE most important thing at the moment since I have a deadline, so I guess I will rejoice in that victory for the moment!
Due to the job at hand, the days seem to bleed into one another and time flies. In the interest of lowering an anchor for a moment, I thought I’d make a list of what I know at this moment.
1. I know that, though (for the most part) I am sick of looking at my manuscript because I’ve edited it so many times, I practically drool at the thought of sharing it with everyone this May (on schedule, hopefully!). This book is going to ROCK. I’m hoping to be able to direct you to the new website for it within the next week, when my webmistress finishes working her magic!
2. I know that my sister is–as she always does–earning MVP status as she re-edits my edits. The time she is putting in to this is so much appreciated, and she’s giving me great feedback (again, as usual!).
3. I know that even though I’ve only been posting here about two or three times each week, I haven’t stressed out about it. That’s progress! (or, that’s being too busy to care!)
4. I know that, for the first time in my 42 years on this earth, I am not biting my nails. This is HUGE. Of course, due to an awesome perk of my salon job, I wore acrylics for more than six years and couldn’t bite my nails during that time, but I took the acrylics off at Thanksgiving (I grew weary of always having to “worry” about scheduling my next nail appointment) and, after a rocky start (when my weak nails were growing out, post-acrylic), I have ceased the biting, even now, during a very stressful time. Did I mention how huge this is? When I was a kid, my nail-biting habit was already so bad that one of my nails came OFF entirely. Gross, I know. (sorry) And? OUCH. Currently, my natural nails are just past my fingertips and I constantly gaze at them as if I just got a new diamond ring.
5. I know that D is coming home for spring break tomorrow evening and will be selling his beloved first car to a friend from his Cub Scout den, meaning that when he is home we will have four drivers and two cars. I’m a little concerned about that.
6. I know that our car situation will be slightly alleviated this summer if D’s job application with the Boy Scouts comes through: he’s hoping to work at a Scout ranch away from home, meaning he won’t need a car at all and only three of us will have to share the two cars this summer. Fingers crossed!
7. I know that I will probably ride my bike to and from work this summer, as I did a couple of years ago when gas prices were outrageous.
8. I know that I am really excited to have plans in the city this Saturday. Jim and I will be watching the dyeing of the Chicago River!
9. I know that I currently have about an inch of dust on all surfaces in my house and it would be great if I could make the time to remedy that sometime soon.
10. I know that I am loving “Celebrity Apprentice” already, and I’m not ashamed to admit it.
11. I know that I am entertained by taking pictures of Roxie with my cell phone:
12. I know that I’m out of time for this post.
What do YOU know?
©2011 Suburban Scrawl
Comments on this entry are closed.
I know that it snowed today. In March. And that kinda ticks me off. >:(
GOOD LUCK WITH THE EDITING!
I know the sky is almost always gray in Ohio and that I want June to hurry up and get here.
I know that I want to rub Roxie's ears because they are so darn soft!
I know you and your sister are working very hard to finish the editing of your book. I know you all will be so happy when it is sent to the printers and the next step starts to get ready to sell the book.
I know it will be a great success and you will make money on it.
I know we love you guys.
You are a big know it all today aren't you? 🙂
I know that your book is gonna be AWESOME! I can't wait to read it!!!!
I know one nail broke and I am fighting the urge to bite the rest of them off! I guess I'll go get the nail file and take care of it more ladylike 🙂
I know that I'm glad you found time to post!
i know that you are PRECIOUS and i love this idea and i am stealing it! (with credit of course!)
cannot WAIT to buy your BOOK!
I know that your book will be amazing!
I know that if you can quit biting your nails, so I can I. Right?
I know that you are loving having your family together again, as are we 🙂
Have a stress-free week! 🙂