I have to thank the lovely Andie down there in Naw’lins at Sweet.Southern.Spirited for awarding me with this beauty:
Isn’t it pretty? Here’s what I have to do. (I guess if I don’t do the following things, the grim reaper of blogging awards might come and take it away or something! Plus, I’m mostly a rule-follower so here we go…)
List 6 things that make you happy
Pass the award on to 6 bloggers for Kreativ.
Link to the blogger who gave you the award.
Link to the blogs receiving the award.
Notify the recipients.
Six things that make me happy:
1. My family
2. Free time
3. When I get the go-ahead on an article I’ve proposed to an editor
4. Unexpected acts of kindness
5. Teaching group fitness classes, especially Wednesday nights
6. Of course, my friends
I am awarding this one to only six of the most creative bloggers I know:
1. My sister Julesie at House of Jules. She’s creative in many, many ways: too many to mention!
2. Mags at Ms. Maggie Moo Talks 2 U. Mags is extremely talented in the culinary arena (that would be the kitchen, of course)
3. Angie at Oh My Goff!
4. Weather Kim at In a Martucci Minute…both Angie and Kim are Photoshopping Queens. Don’t mess with them!
5. Mr. Lady at Whiskey in My Sippy Cup. Her blog makes me laugh uncontrollably; she’s creative with the funny, and she’s getting really good at making videos. (not of the porn kind, just funny.)
6. Sue at As Cape Cod Turns. She can do wonders with a box of markers and paper, folks. And stickers. This girl is Creative.
So, in preparing this post, I also just noticed that I forgot (I’m old, that’s probably why) to pass this awesome award on, back about ten years ago when the very same, creative Sue from As Cape Cod Turns gave it to me. Sorry Sue!
For this one, I have to answer four questions and then pass it on to four people.
1. Do you have the same friends since childhood? Not really. I know what’s going on with my two very oldest friends in the world, through their parents. But my family moved a couple of times and it was hard to stay in touch with everybody.
2. What do you value most about your friends? Most of my friends, whether shy or extroverted, have a great sense of humor. We also lean on each other when needed, and none of them are shy about telling me to “Snap out of it!” when I need that. I also enjoy that, because I’m involved in so many things, I am friends with many, many different kinds of people.
3. Are your friends your sounding boards? Yes, but for deeply personal stuff I only confide in my closest of closest friends. Jim is the only one who knows EVERYTHING. (as it should be, in my opinion…)
4. What is your favorite activity to share with your friends? If I’ve actually got time to share with friends, I don’t care what we do! Sometimes, silence is even nice.
Awarding this to four friends:
1. Kat, of course, from My Two Cents. She is my not-so-evil German Twin. We will be friends for life.
2. Katie, from Made in Melbourne. I love her; although she is technically young enough to be my daughter (that is, if I had been a pregnant teen), I prefer to think of her as my much, much, much younger sister.
3. Melissa, from Hope Floats. She’s my internet sister. (Are you sensing a theme here?) I finally met her for about six and a half minutes a few weeks ago at the Cheesecake Factory and I look forward to getting together with her when she actually gets a chance to eat.
4. Jen, from Huckdoll’s Hood. Though I have never referred to her as my sister, I am now dubbing her my Canadian Sister, just because I think she’s really sweet. And she’s Canadian. And it continues the theme. But if I had a Canadian Sister, it’s quite possible that her name would be Jen. LOL
I also have to thank Karyn at Pretty In The City for including my book in her Holiday Shopping Guide 2008–without my even asking her to do it. (That’s one of those unexpected kindnesses I was talking about!) It was such a pleasant surprise for me to see when I checked her blog yesterday, and I really appreciate it. (Buy my book!) While you’re checking out my book, check out Karyn’s books. She has two of them, which you can get in almost any language you want. One of them is Save Karyn: One Shopaholic’s Journey to Debt and Back. The other is 20 Times a Lady: A Novel. Thanks again, Karyn!
I hope those of you who are headed out of town for Thanksgiving have a safe trip! (and those of you staying home? Be safe anyway!)
Comments on this entry are closed.
Awe, thanks! I was just chatting with KJ from Kristabella about getting together after work some time for a drink…we’ll have to try and figure out a time soon.
I’ll be eating not drinking! 🙂
I love that I’m included with all these great bloggers, it’s a total boost seeing as how my blathering in no way measures up to A LOT of those listed here!
THAT YOU KNOW OF. 😉
Thanks for being my friend even though I suck balls.
Melissa: Sounds fun! Bring your tiara!
Mr. Lady: There you go again with your porno mind.
I’d like to thank the Academy….and Melisa, of course 🙂
Thanks Melisa! That was very sweet and just in time for Thanksgiving! I have been “creating” in the kitchen all day and have dishpan hands to prove it! Have a great day tomorrow! Sue 🙂
Oh how fun! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Did they have fitness classes today? I was wondering if my gym was open tomorrow so I could go in the morning before Thanksgiving dinner! 🙂
WOO HOO! Thanks Mama! I will get on this RIGHT after my lovely 6 course din din with my fiance tomorrow (it’s just the 2 of us!)
weather Kim in DC and on TV
PS – Have a great Thanksgiving!!
PPS Or is it PSS? Roxie will be on DC tv tomorrow morning!!!
Katie: You’re welcome. And the Academy says you’re welcome, too.
Sue: You’re welcome too!
Michelle: I hope you have a great one too! Yep, I taught my morning class at the one club and my evening spin at the other today. Was glad too: it’s a good preparation day for tomorrow. 🙂 My gyms are closed tomorrow…good luck!
Kim: Aww, a romantic Thanksgiving! Enjoy! And Roxie is VERY excited about being on tv: LOL
Awwww I ♥ you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Congrats and Happy Thanksgiving.
OH MY GOFF!I’d like to thank the academy…
wincGInurse …. the list goes on. All you great readers I love you. I could not do it alone. Melisa you have believe in me from the beginning. Without you I’d probably be in PINK’s dream. I like Gwen so much more.
Happy Thanksgiving friends. At this time of grateful sharing I am dedicating my award to all of YOU.
ANGIE! You are so cute. And I agree, your readers are awesome.
But what’s wrong with Pink?????? She’s not chopped liver, you know. LOL
Thanks for the award, ya’all! YA’ALL, YA’ALL, YA’ALL!
I’m so late to the party, but…thank you Melisa! The things you wrote about me there really made my day – it’s been an incredibly bad one and you turned that around with your kind words. I’m thankful for you too, you’re really an amazing friend and have no doubt you’d be even more so in real life. And I’m so flattered to be a little sister 🙂 🙂 🙂
Jen: You’re welcome! I was going to give you a hard time about you “rubbing it in” that you’re a “little sister”, but I won’t for three reasons:
1. You have sick twinsies at home and have had a bad day,
2. You are truly younger than I
3. I know you’re also a petite, itty-bitty thing compared to me, who, now that I’m thinking about it, might not stand anywhere near you at Blogher for fear of being mistaken for a moose or other large animal next to your cuteness. 🙂
I’m glad the award brightened your day. 🙂
Again-sorry I’m so late on giving thanks!! I totally love this award and will post it up sometime.
LOL…hopefully tonight, but with my catering job on Saturday I’m not sure. For sure by Sunday.